The 2nd Annual Scottish Rural Transport Convention
Carnoustie Hotel, Links Parade, Carnoustie, DD7 7JE
JLM & The Connected Places Catapult are delighted to announce the return of the Rural Transport Convention, an event that brings together members of the public, private and third sectors from within and outside Scotland to discuss how we can collaboratively shape transport provision to meet the needs of rural communities and grow the rural economy.
Building on the inaugural event in 2018 that attracted over 150 delegates, The Rural Transport Convention is the focal event for those engaged in the development of future mobility solutions. Participants can expect to meet with a range of figures from across the rural landscape, including community transport operators, community interest groups, technology providers and regional and national transport authorities.
Topics discussed and debated at the convention will include:
• Cracking the rural connectivity challenge - Alternative paths to improving digital connectivity
• Capitalising on the renewable energy boom - Creative approaches to developing sustainable community transport operations
• Enabling Active Travel - Exploring practical solutions to increasing active travel in rural communities
• Building Community Collaboration – Examining how to encourage cross generational collaboration in the design of local transport solutions.
• Facilitating Future Funding - Identifying traditional and non-traditional paths to funding rural transport innovation
• Supporting the NTS2 Consultation - Uncovering the rural transport requirements that need to be captured during the NTS2 consultation period
You are cordially invited to join JLM and the Connected Places Catapult for an informal dinner and networking at The Carnoustie Hotel on the evening before the convention. While dinner will be at your expense, it provides an opportunity to meet other delegates and speakers in a relaxed environment before the convention. To confirm your interest, please e-mail email@example.com with your name and the number of places you’d like to book.
For any questions regarding the programme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org