Celebrate Rural Scotland photo competition
The Scottish Rural Network (SRN) Support Unit and Scottish Rural Action have teamed up to run the Celebrate Rural Scotland 2016 photo competition in the lead up to the Scottish Rural Parliament event taking place in Brechin, Angus from 6-8 October.
Please note this competition has now closed for entries and this information is for reference only
The competition has six themes:
- Angus – the region, not people or animals called Angus! Brechin, Angus is the location for the Scottish Rural Parliament so we want to see your photos of this beautiful part of the country
- Culture and leisure – send us your images of everything from cracking community events to kayaking!
- Food and drink – make our mouths water with your photos of Scotland’s fantastic produce
- Health and happiness – can you capture happiness through your lens? Or maybe you have great photos of people enjoying activities like walking or a sociable get together
- House and home – from old farmhouses to new low carbon housing, send us your photos of houses and homes in rural Scotland
- People – we want to see your portraits and photos of people in rural Scotland – whether they’re hard at work or enjoying the countryside
The competition will close for entries at noon on 5 September 2016.
The six theme winners will be chosen by the Scottish Rural Network Support Unit.
It’ll then be down to the public to vote in an online poll and help decide which of our six finalists deserves to be the overall winner.
The overall winner be announced during the Scottish Rural Parliament event in Brechin.
Prize for best entry by a photographer under 16
We'll also have a special prize - £100 voucher for photography equipment - for the best entry under any of the six themes by a photographer under the age of 16. Just remember to tell us your age when you enter. The winner will be chosen by the Scottish Rural Network Support Unit.
We've extended the deadline for the young photographer competition until 5pm on 9 September.
The six finalist images, and the winner of the under 16 category, will be proudly displayed on canvases at the Scottish Rural Parliament event in Brechin, Angus from 6 to 8 October. Following the event, photographers will be sent their image on canvas.
The overall winner will receive a hamper packed full of Scottish goodies. And the winner of the under 16 category will receive a £100 voucher for photography equipment.
How to enter
To enter the competition email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Title of entry
- Theme you want to enter
- Short description – for example where the image was taken (optional)
- Age – if under 16
Entries will be added to Flickr by the Scottish Rural Network Support Unit.
It’s hard for us at the SRN Support Unit and Scottish Rural Action to take great photos that represent all the areas of rural Scotland and the diverse range of work and activities that takes place.
By entering the competition, you’ll be helping us build up a selection of images that we can use to illustrate all the great things that happen in rural Scotland.
Entrants will be giving the Scottish Rural Network Support Unit, Scottish Government and Scottish Rural Action the right to use images on our websites, social media and in publications. We’ll always give a credit for the image, but please bear this in mind when entering if you do not want your images to be used in this way.
Please read the competition Terms and Conditions before entering. By entering the competition you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.
The competition will close for entries at noon on 5 September 2016 for all themes. However photographers under 16 can enter until 5pm on 9 September.