Celebrate Rural Scotland photo competition - Terms and Conditions
1. The Celebrate Rural Scotland photo competition is being run by the Scottish Rural Network Support Unit (a team in the Scottish Government) and Scottish Rural Action in the run up to the second Scottish Rural Parliament event being held in Brechin, Angus from 6 to 8 October 2016.
2. The competition has six themes:
- Culture and leisure
- Food and drink
- Health and happiness
- House and home
The themes are open to interpretation but all photos should be taken in rural Scotland.
3. There will be a winner for each of the six themes, chosen by the Scottish Rural Network Support Unit.
4. The overall winner will be chosen by the public from the six theme winners via an online poll.
5. There will also be a prize for the best photo from any of themes by a photographer under the age of 16. The competition deadline for photographers under 16 has been extended until 5pm on 9 September.
6. The winners of each theme, and the winner of the under 16 category, will be reproduced on canvas and displayed at the Scottish Rural Parliament event in Brechin, Angus.
7. The overall winner will be announced during the Scottish Rural Parliament event in Brechin.
8. The overall winner will receive a hamper of Scottish produce. The winner of best entry by a photographer under 16 will receive a £100 voucher for photography equipment. No cash alternative will be offered.
9. All six theme winners, and the winner of the under 16 category, will receive their canvas following the display at the Scottish Rural Parliament event in Brechin.
9. Entrants under 16 must have the permission of their parent or guardian before entering the competition.
10. The competition is free to enter.
11. The closing date for entries is noon on 5 September.
12. Theme winners will be notified by email by 9 September.
13. The judges’ decision is final and unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
14. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright of all photographs entered.
15. You should seek permission from people included in your image before submitting to the competition. If your entry features people under the age of 16 you must have the parent or guardian’s permission to enter the image to the competition. Please send us a copy of this permission by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. All entries must be submitted in digital format.
17. Enter by emailing your images to email@example.com with the following information:
- Title of entry
- Theme you are entering
- Short description – for example where the image was taken (optional)
- Age – if under 16
18. All entries will be added to the Celebrate Rural Scotland photo competition Flickr gallery.
19. The copyright of the images remains with the photographers.
20. By entering the competition, you give the Scottish Government and Scottish Rural Action the right to use your images on their websites, publications and on social media. A credit will be given but no fee will be payable.
21. The Scottish Rural Network Support Unit and Scottish Rural Action will not pass your details on to third parties.
22. By entering the competition you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
23. The competition is not open to staff of the Scottish Rural Network Support Unit or Scottish Rural Action, or their immediate family members.
24. The competition is administered by the Scottish Rural Network Support Unit.