Come on Board: Delivering diversity in Public Appointments
The Spectrum Centre, 1 Margaret Street, Inverness, IV1 1LS
- Looking for a new challenge?
- Keen to share your views and make a difference?
- Wishing to extend your networks and enhance your leadership skills?
The Scottish Government Public Appointments Team invite you to discover the benefits of taking on a board role and find out more about the opportunities that are available on the boards of Scottish public bodies.
You may never have considered a board position before - your skills and experience may be invaluable to a variety of organisations.
Come along and explore further!
The session will cover:
- the benefits of being on a public body board
- the experiences of current Board members and Board Chairs
- the appointment process for public sector boards and support and help available
- the range of boards looking for people like you and upcoming vacancies
Tea and Coffee will be available from 17:30
You will hear from current Board Chairs and members about their experience and from the Scottish Government Public Appointments Team about the process. Speakers include Amanda Bryan, Board Chair of Crown Estate Scotland (Interim Management), Andrew Thin, Board Chair of Scottish Canals and Scottish Land Commission, Dr Gaener Rodger, Board member of NHS Highland, Dr Kirsty Darwent, Board Chair of Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, and Carmel Teusner of Changing The Chemistry.
If you have friends and colleagues you think would be interested in attending, please
Book your place via EventBrite by Friday 9 March 2018. The venue is wheelchair accessible. If you require further assistance or have any questions about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of us do not realise how much we have to offer
Still not sure if a public appointment is for you?
Come along and learn more