Forth Valley & Lomond LEADER
The Forth Valley and Lomond LEADER area encompasses the rural areas of Stirling, Clackmannanshire and West Dunbartonshire.
The area includes a large part of the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park as well as a number of other strategic landscape assets. Tourism and micro businesses are the main economic drivers across the whole area, attracting large numbers of visitors particularly during the peak tourism seasons. The other strategic landscape assets include the Ochils, the Kilpatricks, Highland Perthshire, the Carse of Stirling and the Inner Forth.
Aims and objectives
"Supporting local rural communities in West Dunbartonshire, Stirling and Clackmannanshire to become more sustainable – economically, socially and environmentally."
In identifying the detail of what this will mean in practice, the following strategic objectives have been identified.
- Strengthen the rural economy of Forth Valley and Lomond
- Support the communities of Forth Valley and Lomond area to become more sustainable
- Support the communities of the Forth Valley and Lomond area to become more resilient
- Increase the understanding of, and access to, the natural and cultural heritage environment in the Forth Valley and Lomond area
- Realise the economic and community potential of the strategic landscape assets in the Forth Valley and Lomond area