Contact:Lucyna Gajda firstname.lastname@example.org + 48 32 45 15 034 27 Raciborska Str., 44-350 Gorzyce
Summary of Project
The aim of the project is to build pro-ecological attitudes towards the inhabitants of rural areas. It is directed to residents of areas covered by the LEADER programme, especially for people living in single-family houses, people with farms. Representatives of local institutions, entrepreneurs as well as young people and children will be involved in the activities.
Local Action Group Association (LGD) Morawskie Wrota is located in the south-western part of the province Silesia in Poland. It consists of 6 rural communes: Gorzyce, Godów, Krzyżanowice, Lubomia, Mszana, and Marklowice. Around us are the cities of Racibórz, Wodzisław Śl. Jastrzębie Zdrój and the Czech side of Bohumin, Ostrava and Karvina. Members of the Association are residents, social, economic and public entities. The area of the Moravian Gate is 259 km2, it has over 66.3 thousand inhabitants. residents.
The role of the Association is to work for the development of rural areas, mobilization of residents to take an active part in their development, development of rural tourism conservation of natural resources and historical and cultural heritage, increase of ecological awareness. Our location in the Silesia Region predisposes to address these issues, even in the aspect of the recent Climate Summit in Katowice.
Educational activities are proposed in the field of:
- How does air pollution affect our health
- Waste management, reduction of biodegradable waste, use of biodegradable waste as a raw material / fertilizer in home gardens, introduction of organisms accelerating composting (Creeping California, Eisenia fetida), getting acquainted with the good examples of waste management
- The role of melliferous plants, encouraging the establishment of "canteens for bees" by sowing honey plants (eg: a bee resident for each participant of the workshop
- Creating pollinating insect friendly places (such as: Osma stern)
- Application of indigenous varieties of fruit trees (apple trees: Gray reneta, pears: Favorite , Conference, cherries, plums.
The proposed scope of activities, especially the forms of implementation, will be determined on the basis of joint arrangements with Partners. We plan Study Visits, for which we invite you to our LAG Morawskie Wrota.
What we are looking for in partners
Partners from any European Union country.