Application deadline for FPMC coming up
The current funding round for the Food Processing, Marketing and Cooperation (FPMC) scheme closes for applications on 5 March 2017.
The FPMC scheme can provide support to suppliers and producers to contribute to the Scottish Government’s overall vision for food and drink in the country, which is to be a Good Food Nation, where it is second nature to produce, buy, serve and eat fresh, healthy food.
Through this scheme, you can apply for:
- start-up grants for a new business
- development grants for an existing business
Funding can help you:
- develop or create food processing facilities, including buildings and equipment
- market your products in home and export markets at national/international trade shows/fairs
- to run cooperative ventures to make sure more value is retained by both farmers and growers
- to improve supply-chain efficiency
The FMPC scheme is part of the Scottish Rural Development Programme 2014-2020.
In our Case Studies section you can find out about seven projects which benefitted from funding from the FPMC scheme in the last programme:
- upgrading of equipment at Aberdeen & Northern Eggs
- a new brewery for Fyne Ales
- move to a purpose-built bakery for the Breadwinner Bakery
- creation of family-run Arbikie Distillery
- improving operating effeciency at Eyemouth Freezers
- expansion of manufacturing capability at Mackies Ltd
- creation of Further Processing factory at Stoddarts
The current funding round closes for applications on 5 March 2017.
The following funding round closes on 16 July 2017.
For full information visit the Rural Payments and Services website.