Apply now for Churchill Fellowship
Would you like to travel overseas to research a new idea?
The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust is currently accepting applications for Churchill Fellowships.
The fellowships offer an opportunity for anyone to research new ideas overseas and make change happen in their profession or community when the return.
Churchill Fellows are funded to travel anywhere in the world for 4-8 weeks, pursuing a practical topic of their own choice. Every UK adult citizen can apply, regardless of age, background or qualifications.
This year there is a category for rural living, in partnership with the Prince's Countryside Fund.
Julia Weston, Chief Executive of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust said:
"These are truly life-changing grants enabling you to travel the world researching a cause that’s close to your heart, meeting the foremost practitioners and seeing the best projects anywhere."
You can apply in these fields:
- Arts for the built environment
- Emergency response
- Enterprise: supporting social impact
- Environment, conservation and sustainable living
- Healthcare: innovations for the twenty-first century
- Palliative and end of life care
- Physical activity: making moves for healthier lives
- Rural living: strenghthening countryside communities
- Science, technology and engineering
- Suicide: prevention, intervention and postvention
- Open category: for any other projects
- For young people
Application is online, with a deadline of 17 September 2019 for travels in 2020.