Community Rights to Buy events coming up
The Scottish Government's Community Land Team are holding a series of Community Rights to Buy events across Scotland.
Community Rights to Buy are legislative tools that enable communities to acquire land or buildings.
The workshops will cover three of these tools.
- Part 2 Community Right to Buy - This allows Community Bodies to apply to register an interest over land or buildings. The effect of a registration will prohibit the current owner from selling the property to anyone except the Community Body.
- Part 3A Community Right to Buy Abandoned, Neglected or Detrimental Land - This provides an opportunity for Community Bodies to compulsory purchase land or buildings that are abandoned or neglected or where the use or management of the land is causing harm to the environmental wellbeing of the Community.
- Part 5 Right to Buy Land to Further Sustainable Development - This provides an opportunity for Community Bodies to apply for consent to exercise a right to buy land. They may also request that a third party purchaser nominated by the Community Body purchase the land on their behalf.
Events will take place in:
- 7 April, 9am -- Eric Liddell Centre, Edinburgh
- 19 May, 10am -- Corran Halls, Oban
- 14 July, 10am -- Bonnymuir Green, Aberdeen
- 8 September, 10am -- The Stove, Dumfries
- 20 October, 9am -- Forth Valley College, Falkirk
You can contact the Community Land Team by emailing email@example.com or call 0300 244 9822.