Connecting Scotland: Fast-track applications invited
The Connecting Scotland Programme is now inviting ‘fast track’ applications from organisations working with people at risk of social isolation and loneliness, who can deliver devices in November and December.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 12th November.
Organisations can apply for support for up to 10 people they are currently working with. This support can include:
- Digital devices – iPads and/or Chromebooks
- Internet connectivity – a mobile WiFi hotspot with 24 months unlimited data
- Training and support – for staff and volunteers to become ‘digital champions’ to support people to use the internet confidently and safely
Fast track applications are intended for organisations who can identify specific people they are currently working with that meet the eligibility criteria and have capacity to deliver devices to them quickly this autumn/winter.
If you are a public or third sector organisation that works with the target groups in Scotland, you can apply for devices. Teams working within a local council can also apply. Organisations can apply for support for people that they work with that meet all the following criteria:
- They are digitally excluded – they currently do not have access to an appropriate device and/or internet connection at home.
- They are from a low income household – they cannot afford to buy a device or pay for internet access from their household income.
- They are at risk of social isolation or loneliness.
To find out more and apply, visit the Connecting Scotland website.