Funding available to develop ideas for Low Carbon Travel and Transport Fund
A fund to help organisations develop ideas for the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Low Carbon Travel and Transport (LCTT) Challenge Fund is open for applications.
Funding of up to £10,000 is available from Transport Scotland's Pre-Application Support Fund (PASF) to help public, community and third sector organisations develop their ideas for the LCTT Challenge Fund.
The LCTT Challenge Fund is anticipated to go live in November/December 2016. The fund will provide capital funding to support the development of 'hubs' which focus on active travel or low carbon transport (and associated path networks) or which offer an integrated approach to both.
To help organisations develop strong bids for the LCTT Challenge Fund, PASF can provide eligible organisations with up to £10,000, to support a range of development activity, such as:
- scoping or feasibility studies
- business plan development
- technical report and scheme design studies
- community engagement
- identifying sources of eligible match funding
- identifying suitable sites for hubs, including landowner engagement
- investigating links with existing active travel infrastructure and provision
- advice on technical specifications for low carbon vehicle hubs e.g. power supply required or source of alternative fuels
- identifying research and data sources
- establishing baseline evidence
Detailed guidance on PASF, including eligibility criteria and an application form are available on the Transport Scotland website.
The deadline for submission of PASF applications is midnight, 17 August 2016, and they expect to notify applicants during the week beginning 5 September 2016.
If you have queries about the PASF, or the wider ERDF LCTT, you can send an email to LCTT.firstname.lastname@example.org with an outline of your query and your contact details and a member of the team will get back to you. Or you can call 0131 244 7153 or 0131 244 0846.