Funding to promote Gaelic
The Taic Freumhan Coimhearsnachd funding programme was established to help community groups to undertake projects in support of the National Gaelic Language Plan.
Applications are now open for projects taking place between April 2022 and August 2023 that would help achieve the aims of the National Gaelic Language Plan and Bòrd na Gàidhlig’s 2018-23 Corporate Plan, especially by promoting the using Gaelic in the community.
The fund is flexible in supporting most types of projects that seek to bring people together to use Gaelic, but this year is particularly looking to support projects which:
- Promote the use of Gaelic between speakers of different ages
- Provide young Gaelic speakers with the opportunity to use the language outwith school, college, or university
- Focus on supporting people’s wellbeing through using Gaelic
- Encourage or support families to use Gaelic together at home
- Create opportunities for adults to learn Gaelic
- Promote Gaelic as part of local, national, or international events and celebrations, such as the Year of Scotland’s Stories 2022
Applications may be made for up to a maximum of £5,000 and up to 80% of project costs. In-kind/volunteer costs are permitted as part of a contribution towards total project costs.
Funding applications should be submitted to Bòrd na Gàidhlig as soon as possible but no later than 3pm on Tuesday 18 January 2022.
For full details, visit the Bòrd na Gàidhlig website.