Places Called Home fund
Places Called Home is a new £1.5 million fund that aims to inspire and help people get more involved in their local community as a positive, homely place to be and meet other people.
IKEA Limited and The National Lottery Community Fund have come together to grow thriving, resilient and sustainable communities across the UK. The aim is to build on the energy, creativity and practices of communities coming together during the COVID-19 pandemic, through local activities and the renewal of community spaces.
Places Called Home will offer eligible groups funding awards of between £1,000 and £5,000 for activities and equipment that meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Build on the relationships created during the COVID-19 pandemic to increase community activity and the number of people taking part.
- Encourage people to work together, creating opportunities for communities to live in a sustainable and healthy way.
- Raise awareness amongst the public of the importance of connected households, neighbourhoods and resilient communities.
- Develop a new idea, activity or way to come together that has emerged in response to the pandemic.
- Revive or redesign community and common spaces to encourage shared community activities
The programme opened to applications on 30 June 2021 and they advise you to apply as soon as possible. The deadline for applications is 14 July or when they receive 1,500 applications - whatever comes first.
For full details and to apply, visit the National Lottery Community Fund website.