Scotland's Census 2022: Census Outputs Consultation
Scotland’s Census consists of many elements.
Almost 90% of households made a census return, with 90% of those completing their return online.
Scotland’s Census have launched a consultation on the census outputs to seek feedback on their plans which closes on the 10 February 2023. This consultation covers a number of aspects of their plans for publishing census results following the data collection phases.
They are asking users to give us their views on:
- the order and sequencing of topics published
- the tools they use to publish data
- the geographical levels that data is published at
- how changes to census questions impact users’ planned work/research
- what they need from the new census questions
You can read more about their plans in the consultation document.
Scotland’s Census plan to start publishing census information from 2023 onwards.
You will be able to access 2022 census data on their website in different formats, including:
- summary information that highlights some key stats about Scotland’s population and how this differs around the country
- through our flexible table builder that will allow you to create your own census tables
- bulk downloads of census data
Before then, they will be checking and processing census returns to make sure the information they publish is accurate and to remove all personal information before they start to publish.
Further information can be found at the Scotland’s Census website here