Young Rural Change Makers Programme
As we enter uncharted waters, the Young Rural Change Makers Programme is a online initiative to help young people, like you, build confidence, develop new skills, be part of a network and thrive in the rural area you call home.
Am I the right fit for this programme?
Are you aged 18 to 28 and live in a rural area? Want to make positive change so that you and your community thrives? Then this programme is for you!
We welcome applications from across rural Scotland but, due to our grant funding, priority places will be given to young people from Angus, Lanarkshire, Outer Hebrides, Rural Perth and Kinross and the Scottish Borders. However, don’t let that put you off, if we have enough young people apply out with these areas, we will look to run an additional programme.
What will it require of me?
Each Friday, for five weeks, there will be a two-hour hands-on Masterclass led by key experts in their field.
The only other essentials we recommend bringing are a cup of tea or coffee and an open mind – we’ll take care of the rest!
What will you gain?
Over the course of the Young Rural Change Makers Programme you will:
- Take part in a series of FIVE master classes focussing on subjects such as leadership, community building, communications and enterprise
- Access to one-to-one support with facilitators to further develop your leadership, community building, communications and enterprise skills
- Learn to lead with confidence
- Learn how to communicate effectively
- Learn how to network effectively
- Learn how to make your ideas fly
- Get to know top local and national decision makers and discover how they make decisions that affect you
- Receive a very special Young Rural Change Makers Programme Sur-thrival Pack
How much does the YRCMP cost?
Zero. Zip. Zilch!
Young people already face challenges living in a rural area – we don’t want this programme to exclude anyone due to cost. And if we can host an event in January/February 2021 to celebrate your “graduation”, we will even cover your travel costs.
All we ask is you do attend all five sessions as we only have enough funding to support 30 young people through the programme initially, two groups of 15.
This programme has been made possible through funding from the LEADER Programme 2014-2020: The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development: Europe investing in rural areas. Five LEADER LAG areas - Angus, Lanarkshire, Outer Hebrides, Rural Perth and Kinross and the Scottish Borders have come together to fund our project as a co-operation.
Head to the Rural Youth Project website to apply