Young Women in Tourism Awards shortlist announced
The shortlist for the first Young Women in Tourism Awards has been announced.
The awards are run by Women in Tourism, an organisation created to motivate, inspire, support and encourage women across the sector, and support the next generation of industry leaders.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony in Edinburgh on 12 June 2019.
Susan Russell, Chair of Women In Tourism commented:
"On behalf of the Board of Women In Tourism we’d like to congratulate every nominee shortlisted for our inaugural Young Women In Tourism Awards. We were delighted with the number of entries received from across Scotland, and the shortlist reflects an impressive group of young women carving out successful careers within our industry. We look forward to celebrating with them all on June 12th and wish everyone the very best of luck."
And the finalists are . . .
Rising Star of the Year Award – Sponsored by HIT Scotland
- Alex Carson – Receptionist, Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh
- Alice Kennedy – Tourism Officer, V&A Museum of Design, Dundee
- Courtney McDowell – Commis Chef, Tempus Team, Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
- Kirstie Marshall – Wedding & Group Co-Ordinator, Achnagairn Estate, Inverness
- Liz Robinson – Conferencing and Banqueting Manager, Fairmont St Andrews Resort
Tourism Influencer of the Year Award – Sponsored by Expedia
- Kathi Kamleitner, Blogger, Watch Me See
- Jasmina Olifirenko, Marketing and Advertising Manager, MacBackpackers
- Julia Heys, Senior Marketing Executive, VisitAberdeenshire
- Yvette Morrisey, Blogger, Wayfaring Kiwi
Entrepreneur of the Year Award – Sponsored by Entrepreneurial Scotland
- Eilidh Carr – Owner, Coralbox Gift Shop, Berneray, North Uist
- Lyndsey Rafferty – Associations Sales Manager, EICC, Edinburgh
Student of the Year Award – Sponsored by VisitScotland
- Flora Clement – International Festival & Event Management, Edinburgh Napier University
- Lucy Patrick – Hospitality Management, City of Glasgow College
- Rachael Levy – International Festival & Event Management, Edinburgh Napier University
- Rosalyn Watson – International Tourism Studies, Edinburgh Napier University
- Sophie Lanigan – Hospitality & Tourism Management with Marketing, Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
If you'd like to attend the Young Women in Tourism Awards ceremony you can buy tickets on Eventbrite.