Young People Masterclass Launch event
The aim of the launch event is to provide an insight into our 4-webinar series to support the attraction, recruitment, development, leadership and retention of Young People across the 3 specific sectors in order to support a Covid recovery. We will also be providing an insight session into the specific sector challenges organisations are facing around the attraction, recruitment, development and retention of Young People as a result of the Pandemic and Brexit. You will then hear from our key partners around their sector specific offering to support the Young Persons Guarantee. This insight will provide fruitful information to tailor our workshops to the sectors in focus.
The event structure is as follows:
• 9.30am – 9.40am: Scottish Enterprise Introduction. Helen Noble (Team Leader Workplace Innovation)
• 9.40am – 10.05am: Remarkable webinar series insights: Nicola Dillon (Specialist). An insight into the 4-webinar series which will focus on increasing the employability of Young People and improving their pre-and post-employment journey in a post Covid world. The webinars will raise awareness of current and emerging best practice, stimulate discussion, and provide practical tools and action planning for delegates to take back into their own workplaces.
• 10.05am – 10.50am: Sandy Begbie, CBE and creator of the Young Persons Guarantee Strategy. 15 minutes each sector to provide an insight into the specific challenges they are facing around the attraction, recruitment, development and retention of Young People as a result of the Pandemic and Brexit.
• 10.50am – 11.05am: Developing Young Workforce / Young Persons Guarantee: Claire Baird (Employer Engagement Manager, Young Person’s Guarantee). How your business can support the Young Person’s Guarantee / Developing the Young Workforce and the associated employer support and benefits.
• 11.05am – 11.20: Skills Development Scotland: The apprenticeship family offering and high-level sector specific support for the Tourism & Hospitality, Food & Drink and Construction Sectors.
• 11.20 am – 11.30am: Scottish Enterprise Close
The launch event will be followed by a series of 4 webinars throughout February and March on the sectors: Tourism & Hospitality, Food & Drink and Construction.
For future events follow this link