The Scottish Rural Network (SRN) encourages rural development by sharing information, ideas and good practice. We work with, and for, anyone who lives, works or has an interest in rural Scotland.
The SRN is supported by a team in the Scottish Government called the Network Support Unit.
- Get a weekly round-up of rural news direct to your inbox
- Find out about funding opportunities
- Discover inspiring and innovative projects
- Connect with other people, businesses and community groups
If you have information you'd like us to share through our website and newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are our aims?
The aims of the Scottish Rural Network are to:
- Get more people from rural communities, businesses and the wider public involved in policy developments that affect them
- Help improve the delivery of the Scottish Rural Development Programme
- Inform farmers, rural businesses and communities about policy and funding opportunities
- Encourage innovation in agriculture, food production, forestry and rural areas
Rural networks across the UK and Europe
The Scottish Rural Network is part of a wider network of National Rural Networks across the UK.
Visit the European Network for Rural Development website for information on what’s happening across rural Europe, resources for rural development, as well as opportunities to connect with others.