Greater Renfrewshire & Inverclyde LEADER
The focus of the Greater Renfrewshire and Inverclyde LAG area for LEADER 2014-2020 is the rural communities of Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire and Inverclyde. The area includes key communities of natural interest such as Clyde Muirshiel Park, (e.g. Castle Semple Loch, the Greenock Cut and Lunderston Bay) and the Dams to Darnley Country Park.
Aims and objectives
The aim of Greater Renfrewshire and Inverclyde LEADER is to improve the quality of life in our rural areas by supporting local people and local businesses to realise the social, economic and environmental potential of their communities.
Three main themes are:
Overarching principles are:
- Equal opportunities
- To support small and medium sized enterprises, micro-businesses and social enterprises
- To promote tourism and increase the number of day visitors, encompassing support for leisure and hospitality-related businesses
- To secure a high quality environment for residents and visitors
- To build stronger, more self-reliant and inclusive rural communities
- To promote and develop farm diversification projects
- To learn from and share learning with other Local Action Groups via cooperation projects enhancing the networking, cooperation and innovation principles of LEADER