North Aberdeenshire LEADER
The North Aberdeenshire LAG (NALAG) operating area covers approximately three decentralised committees of Aberdeenshire Council: Banff and Buchan, Buchan and Formartine.
Aims and objectives
To help create a long-term legacy of vibrant, healthy and inclusive rural and fisheries communities enabled to contribute fully to the social and economic fabric of North Aberdeenshire.
The Local Development Strategy focusses on five broad priorities:
- Place: to enhance the natural and built environment and make better use of our assets to improve facilities and encourage growth of the tourism economy
- Connectivity: to add value to wider efforts to improve internal and external connectivity, including efforts to improve business and community access to eServices
- Business Competiveness: to encourage sustainable diversification of the North Aberdeenshire economy through support for business and social enterprises, especially in tourism, food and drink, and renewable energy, and in the provision of services to local communities
- Better Opportunities: to ensure better opportunities for all, with a particular focus on integrating and connecting socially-excluded people to the local community
- Cooperation: to cooperate with other F/LAGs and to facilitate greater involvement in national and international co-operation and networking opportunities.
Cross cutting themes:
- equal opportunities
- community empowerment
- capacity building
Flick Ibbotson, North Aberdeenshire LEADER Coordinator
- Phone: 01467 628 443
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Aberdeenshire Council, Gordon House, Blackhall Road, Inverurie, AB51 3WA
- Website: www.nalag.org.uk