Anders Wall Award open for entries
Monday 19 October 2015 - 15:08
The Anders Wall Award for individuals who have made a special contribution to the rural environment within the European Union is open for entries.
Anders Wall Foundation from Stockholm in association with the European Commission, Directorate General for the Environment, Brussels, the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry and the "Friends of the Countryside", has decided to introduce the award.
The landowner of the selected project will receive a prize of €15,000.
- Only private enterprises can enter the competition
- Their actions must be of importance at multiple levels: local, national and/or European
- The actions must be based on the use of quality instruments and management practices which contribute to the improvement of the quality of the environment
Their achievements should preferably include the following elements:
- Preserving and enhancing the landscape
- Providing biodiversity
- Preserving the countryside's cultural heritage
- Contributing to sustainable economic local development
The call for proposals is open until 31 December 2015.
Visit the European Landowners' Organization for more information.