Funding available for community learning visits
The Scottish Community Alliance is delighted to confirm that it has received funding from the Scottish Government to continue administering the Community Learning Exchange during 2019-20.
This is the Exchange's fifth year of operation and the objective continues to be to increase the capacity and capability of the community sector by encouraging learning visits between community groups.
Community Learning Exchange grants cover 100% of the costs of a visit by members of one community group to another community project up to a limit of £750. To be eligible community groups must belong to one of the Scottish Community Alliance's networks.
Feedback following visits continues to be consistently positive and encouraging with many tangible lessons being learned. Funding reached groups that would not otherwise be able to take advantage of this kind of peer-to-peer learning.
Feedback from Community Learning Exchange participants:
- It was well worth the trip.I learnt as much by listening to the volunteers as they worked.
- The participating organisations found it very valuable to get this opportunity and 'time out' to meet with others to discuss a rapidly changing area of work and to look at opportunities. They are keen to get more such opportunities and have more in-depth chance to discuss potential.
- Thank you - this has been a great catalyst in our growth as an organisation and it would not have been possible without funding for our large group.
- We made excellent contacts, many of whom have offered to give ongoing support if we want it, which was something we had not anticipated!
- We were really impressed with how the gardens engaged with their community and this is a particular weakness we felt that we had which turns out to be an issue shared by other community gardens and we have some great new ideas to address this.
- For us, breaking the isolation was important. It has been of considerable value to step away from day-to-day business and sit down over tea and cake with people, just like ourselves, working just like ourselves to increase access to creative activities for the people around us.
For further information contact: