A new phase of community led local development for Moray
The Moray Local Action Fund 2023-2024 is open for funding applications and is an opportunity to secure funding for projects benefiting the people of Moray.
The fund is supported by a Scottish Government Community Led Local Development (CLLD) funding which forms part of the Scottish Rural Development Programme (SRDP).
The funding directed to Moray is being distributed by the Moray Local Action Group (LAG) with support from tsiMORAY and is intended to enable community led activity focusing on the main aim of supporting a just transition to a wellbeing economy working for people, places and planet.
All projects must demonstrate that they advance inclusion, equality and diversity while meeting at least one of the criteria listed below:
- Climate - addressing the climate and environmental emergencies.
- Sustainability - enabling a just transition to a carbon-neutral and sustainable future.
- Wellbeing - supporting the development of a wellbeing economy.
- Community - facilitating community development and capacity-building.
- Leadership - investing in community leadership and community led local development.
- Wealth building - supporting and building on the concept of community wealth building.
Moray LAG are particularly interested in funding projects that will help to address some of the root causes of poverty and a move to a sustainable, carbon-neutral future, and/or helping to reduce pressures on public services through prevention, community capacity-building, and increased community resilience.
They also welcome projects directly addressing all aspects of poverty (rural poverty, fuel poverty, child poverty and other impacts of the cost of living crisis) and supporting health and wellbeing.
Proposals can be submitted through either of two funding streams:
- Main Grants Scheme - for projects applying for £5,000 or more from the Moray Local Action Fund – please note that only in exceptional circumstances will applications for more than £30,000 be considered.
- Small Grants Scheme - for projects applying for less than £5,000 from the Moray Local Action Fund.
Funding can be used to support revenue and/or capital expenditure. For examples of projects that were supported by Moray Local Action Fund in 2022-23, click here.
You can find all the details including full a guidance document and a application link here
The deadline for completed funding applications is 12:00 (noon) on Tuesday 29 August 2023.