Scottish Government's Community Land Team to launch Roadshow
The Scottish Government’s Community Land Team are holding a series of events to promote the community right to buy legislation currently in effect.
The events, for the benefit of existing and new community groups, are being hosted by the Scottish Government’s Community Land Team. They will focus on the Community Right to Buy (which provides for a pre-emptive right to buy) and the Community Right to Buy Abandoned, Neglected and Detrimental Land (which is a compulsory purchase) and will take you through the main ‘must do’s’ and also the relevant processes and timings provided for in the legislation.
If you want more information about on potential ways that your community could seek to acquire land or buildings, that could meet your requirements, come along to one of our events listed below.
If ‘Yes’ to any of the questions below, perhaps one of the Community Rights to Buy could help.
· Do you think that there something missing in your community?
· Is there a need for community space in your area?
· If there is land within your community which you think is abandoned, neglected or detrimental, does your community believe it could benefit by acquiring that land or building?
Please see the link to the Community Land Team profile page on the Eventbrite website providing description of the events and booking instructions: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/scottish-government-community-land-team-18547648019
The 4 events taking place are:
- Galashiels (Scottish Border Campus) – 2 April 2019
- Glasgow (The Pyramid) – 21 May 2019
- Perth (AK Bell Library) – 3 September 2019
- Inverness (Inverness College UHI) – 15 October 2019
The events will provide an overview of the various community rights to buy available to communities. There are also limited afternoon one-to-one sessions where more detailed advice and guidance in relation to specific issues can be discussed.