Still time to enter Anders Wall Award
Wednesday 5 December 2018 - 15:01
There is still time to enter the Anders Wall Award which recognises private individuals who have made a special contribution to the rural environment within the European Union.
Anders Wall Foundation from Stockholm in association with the European Commission, Directorate General for the Environment, Brussels, the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry and the "Friends of the Countryside", has introduced this award.
The landowner of the selected project will receive a diploma of recognition and prize of €20,000.
- Only private enterprises can enter the competition
- Their actions must be of importance at multiple levels: local, national and/or European
- The actions must be based on the use of quality instruments and management practices which contribute to the improvement of the quality of the environment
Applicants' achievements should preferably include the following elements:
- Preserving and enhancing the landscape.
- Providing biodiversity.
- Preserving the countryside's cultural heritage.
- Contributing to sustainable economic local development.
The call for proposals is open until 31 December 2018.
Find out more about the Award and download an application form.