Tackling food and climate change
Wednesday 30 March 2022 - 17:23
A programme of new grants has been launched by Sustain as part of the Food for the Planet project.
The grants aim to support communities to campaign and advocate to make food in their area better for people and the planet. Applicants are encouraged to propose their own ideas for great local action, but should focus on areas that have a big impact locally, for example:
- Encouraging and celebrating climate-friendly food in public institutions and council settings
- Growing more sustainable and healthy food, especially in urban fringes
- Tackling unfair and unhelpful pricing and advertising of the most climate-damaging foods
- Supporting groups and communities that are marginalised to campaign for food climate justice and tackling racial injustice in the food system
- Divesting from industrial agriculture
The deadline for applications is 5pm 15th April 2022.
See the Sustain website for Grant Application Form and furher guidance.