SR Marine Conference, Exhibition & Dinner 2019
Eden Court Theatre, Bishop's Road, Inverness, IV3 5SA
Scotland’s wave and tidal industries continue to push the boundaries of technology and project development, with devices and projects continually breaking records. Our global lead is clear; more wave and tidal devices have been deployed in Scotland’s Highlands and Islands than in the rest of the world combined.
With that comes not just centres of excellence, as in Orkney, but a dispersed set of benefits across our geographies: jobs created, vibrant academic centres and of course clean energy delivery. The continued lack of a viable route to market puts all of this in jeopardy.
This conference will reset the dialogue on how we can best develop these technologies, going beyond LCOE to consider the wider set of socio-economic benefits delivered by our industry.
Join the event to debate the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead, learn about cutting-edge developments and set the agenda for the year ahead to ensure we realise our ambitions.
This conference will look at the following questions:
- What has the sector been delivering to date, and how can we best quantify that?
- What innovations are we seeing across technologies?
- What revenue support mechanisms is industry advocating for – and what’s the likelihood of government putting them into place?
- How to scale the sector?
The Marine Conference, Exhibition & Dinner is a must-attend for those involved in the wave and tidal energy sectors in Scotland:
- Hear about the latest UK and Scottish Government policy
- Discuss, debate and influence the decisions which are being taken to benefit the sector
- Meet with others to network and share ideas
Who should attend?
The programme of speakers will bring together industry leaders, public sector representatives and investors to discuss the latest policy issues affecting wave and tidal energy in Scotland.