Working for Waders
Threepwood Farm, Galashiels, TD1 2PY
Wading birds are in steep decline. If we don’t act now, iconic species like lapwings and curlews may vanish from our farms. Come and find out what you can do on your farm to help.
- Hear from Colin Strang-Steel of Threepwood Farm, Galashiels, about how he has integrated wader conservation into his farm
- Find out about practical conservation measures such as making wader scrapes, organising seasonal grazing and carrying out rush control
- See how wader conservation can work with your farm business
- Discuss your experiences of creating and managing wader habitats with local farmers, conservationists and advisors
- Get advice on how to fund any changes you make..
Booking is required and lunch is included.
For more information call Jane on 0131 370 8150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for this activity is made available through the SRDP Knowledge Transfer and Innovation Fund (which is jointly funded by the Scottish Government and the European Union), with partner funding from RSPB Scotland and Scottish Water.