September deadline for current FPMC funding round
The deadline for applications for the current funding round of the Food Processing, Marketing and Cooperation scheme is 25 September 2016.
This scheme - part of the Scottish Rural Development Programme - supports suppliers and producers to contribute to the Government’s overall vision for food and drink in Scotland, which is to be a Good Food Nation, where it is second nature to produce, buy, serve and eat fresh, healthy food.
Through this scheme, you can apply for:
- start-up grants for a new business
- development grants for an existing business
As well as capital projects the scheme is now open to consider non-capital projects from within the food and drink sector for example cooperation and collaboration projects, consultancy and feasibility studies.
Funding can help you:
- develop or create food processing facilities, including buildings and equipment
- market your products in home and export markets
- to run co-operative ventures to make sure more value is retained by both farmers and growers
- to improve supply-chain efficiency
In our Case Studies you can find out about businesses that have previously received funding,and get their top tips for others considering a similar project.
- Mackie's Limited Case Study
- Fyne Ales Case Study
- Eyemouth Freezers Limited Case Study
- Arbikie Distillery Case Study
There will be three funding rounds per year when applications can be submitted. The current funding round closes for applications on 25 September 2016 and notification of the outcome will be in early 2017.
The following funding round date is 5 March 2017.
Visit the Rural Payments and Services website for more information, including guidance and how to apply.