Sheep and Trees Q&A: Small woodland creation on your farm
The Sheep and Trees grant for small woodlands (up to 50 hectares) is unusual in that it can be used to fund infrastructure too. Sheep and beef farmer Andrew Whiteford used his to create a road leading to woodland on 3500-acre Burnfoot Farm in Dumfries and Galloway. Join Soil Association Scotland with Andrew, woodland creation consultant Peter Atkinson, and Woodland Officer Andrew Kitching of Scottish Forestry, to discuss:
- Benefits of incorporating small woodlands onto your farm
- How to get started: planning and development
- Andrew’s experience and what he learned
- The funding process through the Sheep and Trees grant scheme
- How it could work on your farm.
Free of charge. Booking is required.